Dried Fruit Trail Mix
This mixture of dried fruits is great as a stand-alone snack since you have both crunchy banana chips and chewy apricots and papaya. They are healthier than store-bought dried fruit as you do not add any unnatural preservatives to them, but if you want you can add sugar and/or salt to it.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 apricots, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 papaya, peeled and seeded
- lemon juice
- Chop apricots and papaya around the size of large grapes.
- Cut and slice bananas thinly and evenly so that they will dry similarly.
- Soak fruit in lemon juice and water for 10 minutes.
- Blot dry with a lint-free towel.
- Preheat the oven to 130 degrees F. for the bananas, but 170 degrees for apricots and papaya.
- Place parchment paper onto sheet pans.
- Arrange banana slices in a single layer, and do not allow pieces to touch.
- Top fruit with silicone pan liner to keep them from curling up as they dry.
- Place fruit into the oven and rotate pans every 2 hours for up to 12 hours.
- Remove the bananas after 6 hours.
- Remove papaya after 8 hours.